Wet Wedding Photography Tips
Any bride getting married in The Lake District has always got to be prepared for the rain and the possibility that she might have a wet wedding . I always say it is called the Lake District for a reason; yes it is beautiful but it does also rain a lot! Although most people would dream of a sunny wedding day, the weather doesn’t have to put a dampener on your big day or on your wedding photographs. Gemma and Matt were both prepared for the weather but also embraced it – with diligent ushers who were fantastic at escorting guests into the church and a supply of white wedding umbrellas to keep the bridal party dry. For me, rain is just another character in the story of your wedding day and can often make for some really interesting and artistic wedding photographs.
- Be prepared – buy some cheap white umbrellas off the internet
- Embrace it – you set the tone. If you’re happy your guests will be too, no matter what the weather is doing
- Footwear – Wellies can be a great idea and lots of fun too
- Be patient – Chances are there will be break in the weather for a few outside shots at some point in the day
- Don’t let the rain spoil your day – a wet wedding can be just as fun as a dry one.
Gemma and Matt’s Cumbrian Wedding
Gemma and Matt got married at St Cuthbert’s Church, Kirkby-in-Furness, Gemma’s family church and then moved on to the Beech Hill Hotel overlooking Lake Windermere for their wedding reception. After the wet start to the day, the sun came out later in the afternoon and the guests could enjoy the superb Lake District views from the balcony, whilst the wedding party enjoyed some rather unusual group shots from the jetty.